Views

Thursday, October 21, 2010

First Blog


I’ve always liked the idea of starting a blog. I don’t care if no one else reads this but me. It’s just going to be a hobby that I am hoping to pursue… unlike most of my failed journal entries that generally fizzle into to nothing. I think I should start by telling you viewers out there a little about myself. As you know, my name is Jess, I’m a grade 11 student and I hate my high-school with a passion. I think when you leave school you either really enjoyed your time there, or you hated every minute of it. I don’t think there’s an in-between. I love writing; however I’ve never been any good at getting my over-thought, complex ideas clearly down on paper. Every written English mark I have received back from a teacher basically reads “you have the ideas of an A standard…. But you have the expression of a pre-schooler.” I tend to agree with that statement, but I hope that keeping a blog as another form of a diary entry will have some contribution to improving my writing… hopefully. I love to read, I think I’ll make a blog sometime about all my favourite books. I’ve played soccer for 10 years, and I’m stopping for grade 12, I’m Australian, I can skateboard and my ultimate passion of all time is playing guitar, I’ve been playing for 5 years and I teach beginners. I work part time in retail – and I have some very interesting stories to go with that – I don’t think myself as a loner in school… I have a small group of friends, but in saying that, I really don’t talk to anyone else. I’m not picked on anymore for being different, which is a good thing. I used to get bullied for being the tomboy and I had short hair… so I must be Gay. All those little comments I received in middle school I still carry with me today. But right now, I’m like a rock, no one associates with me and I don’t associate with anyone else. I keep to myself most of the time. I don’t fully understand why I’m starting this blog, maybe I need to confide in something… maybe I need someone to talk to… maybe just to improve my writing… maybe it’s to come home from school and escape to a world where I’m happier. Actually I don’t like that line, it makes me sound like some depressed, attention seeker, which is not the way I want to be perceived. I have to go now. I’ll try to write in this blog once a week, I really hope I stick to it.

Best wishes and a big thanks to anyone who has taken the time to read about my life.

Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment