Views

Monday, January 31, 2011

My Favourite Band and School Nonsense

Anyone who’s never heard this song really ought to. They’re one of my favourite bands…and I don’t know many people who have heard of them.

Three Ways – The Wallflowers

There’s three ways out of every box
Fall out the bottom
Or you crawl out the top
There’s three ways
Out of every, every box
But if you can’t find your way out
Then you just burn it
To the ground
Then you’ll disappear
Like smoke
Into the clouds

There’s three ways off a merry-go-round
You either jump
Or you let it slow down
There’s three ways
Off a merry-go, merry-go round
But if you can’t put your foot down
Then you just burn it
To the ground
Then you walk away
Real slow
Back into the crowd

There’s always somebody there for a laugh
Then you’re the only one
That’s left
Now that’s what you get
Left behind in the wreck

There’s three ways off a burning bridge
You pray for rain
Or you learn how to swim
There’s three ways off of every
Burning bridge
But if you can’t find strength
And you quit
Then you can just burn up
And sink
Then you’ll drift away
Real slow
Down into the ground

_________________________________

Anyway, I know I’m behind in posting so I thought I’d give you an insight in what I listen to. I miss the 90's, back when blockbuster was popular, no war, music which you could actually understand and want to listen too, and nearly everyone was high on weed. Good times! The song actually reminds me of the book ‘The perks of being a Wallflower’. If anyone has read it please let me know, I barely know anyone who has. That book helped me survive middle school…followed closely by ‘The Catcher in the Rye’.

I thought I’d actually blog for the rest of this post. So, what’s new with me? Well my senior year has barely begun and the pressure is incredible. In the first lesson of every class that teacher was like, “This, is it”. Which was true but they sure make it clear. The only problem I find is that they don’t actually care about you individually, they care more so about the reputation of the school.

I don’t want to write too much about school on this. I’ve been suspended for it before so my best option is waiting till I’m out of there. I’m not trying to be defamatory I’d just like to be able to state my honest opinion without being interrogated for it because God forbid I say something bad and they treat you like you’ve just killed a person. Say something nice and get praised for it…ridiculous.

I really don’t have much else to say except school nonsense that you really don’t want to listen to.

Thanks for reading, especially if you’ve reached this point.

2 comments:

  1. The Perks of Beings a Wallflower is one of many books on my list of books to attempt to read again. I don't think I really gave it a fair chance the first time I tried to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quotes in 'The Perks' are amazing! - but the storyline at times can be a bit tedious, you want him to break out of his shell and slap him across the face but after reading the whole thing I think you do really understand/ relate to where he's coming from

    thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete