Views

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's better not to know things sometimes.


This picture reminds me of life experiences - I'll use love as an example. Let's say when the lines touch, that's the time period where the lines were in love (hypothetically). Then they break up and never know of love again, they had their chance and it’s gone forever.

A quote comes to mind: We accept the reality with which we are presented.

i.e. You can’t miss something you never had. In this case, the crossed lines will miss something while the parallel lines never knew there was anything to miss. It’s sort of kids that grow up in third world countries. They never had electronics or toys. Therefore can’t miss them. Yet they are so happy because as far as they know, that’s the reality in which they live. They don’t know there is anything better (well they haven’t experienced it and don’t know what it’s like).

It’s better not to know things sometimes.

Maybe I’m over analysing this picture.

3 comments:

  1. I saw the picture and thought of this quote:
    "This is why we call people exes, I guess - because the paths that cross in the middle end up separating at the end. It's too easy to see an X as a cross-out. It's not, because there's no way to cross out something like that. The X is a diagram of two paths." — David Levithan (Will Grayson, Will Grayson)
    As for the parallel lines, I think a person can miss something they have never had. Maybe they don't know exactly what they are missing, but they still have to deal with that lack. (Like, someone who never imagines that some people can just turn on a faucet and drink water would still have to walk miles to get water, giving up time, and wishing for another way)
    See, I can over analyse the picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @rtpuppydog

    I really should read Will grayson Will grayson, I love John Green :) Nerdfighters FTW :)

    Thanks for commenting

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, but I think if we all sit back we can interpret this picture in many ways. I find it fascinating how something so simple can be made so complex.

    Keep the posts regular :)

    ReplyDelete