Views

Thursday, January 26, 2012

2012

This is a big year for me so I thought I'd just take the time to genuinely blog. I graduated high school, got into university and am moving out of home in the next two weeks. I'll just sit back and let that soak in. I didn't get my first preference which was to stay here in Brisbane and attend QUT majoring in Justice and Philosophy but my QCS mark (big state national test than has more flaws in it than Tess D'Urberville) didn't let that happen. But, there is no use sitting here with could haves and would haves. 2011 was pretty shit, but 2012 will be my bitch. I am attending SCU on the Gold Coast and will be living pretty much on the water of a canal for the net 12 months then transferring back to my first preference.

It's going to be a fun year, a great year, one filled with new possibilities and adventures than I want to share on this blog and my new youtube channel: www.youtube.com/jesshneil

I just want to let anyone know who is in high school that may not be the top of the class. This is a quote I will never forget: Never confuse Education with Intelligence. There were students in my class that could remember and regurgitate an entire text book. But had no idea how anything worked. I think that's why I had so much trouble with maths. I didn't know how the formulas worked, I just knew they worked. That irritated me to the point where I would plot out the whole formula and analyse it to the point where I wanted to set everything on fire. If you are a B average student like I was, or even a C average student. Just hang in there, it will get better and you will get out of there. There is a light at the end.

School was hell for me. I was a victim of bullying in grade 3-5. In High School Assemblies would fill me with rage because of the religious nonsense. Religion class would make me want to kill myself, we were told basically believe in the bible and all gays should not marry. Can you see why I was angry? Any rational human being surely understands why! This kinda ties back to what I'm saying, education and intelligence. I read philosophy in my spare time and would write notes just because I loved it. I couldn't study it at school because of the religion department. It makes me mad that outside people who do the QCS can just grade you on your student number and number of credit points in school. They have no idea who you are, what you think or how valuable you might be. Also, 6 months from now, no one will give a fuck how well you did.

Basically, school will screw you over but once you're free, you get to do whatever the fuck you want. There are ALWAYS back ways into courses that you want to do. Worst case scenario you just enter the workforce and build up once subject at a time to bank some credits to go study what you really want.

Good luck if you're entering into grade 12, it's a bitch.

1 comment: